LOGIC (n.) from Greek 'logikos': 1. Anything posted on this blog. 2. Anything that drives a liberal crazy

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My proposals for immigration reform

I got to thinking. I came up with a 10 point plan for immigration reform. Tell me what you think.

  1. Only allow people if they can contribute to the progress of the country.
  2. Only allow people who can financially support themselves and their dependents.
  3. Kick them out if they're unhealthy -- mentally or physically.
  4. Create a National Population Register that will keep track of every single person in the country, including citizens, immigrants, etc. When someone is born, add their name. When someone dies, take it off. This also includes giving everyone a "tracking number", or perhaps a National ID card.
  5. If anyone marries an immigrant just to get them citizenship, they will go to prison for 5 years.
  6. If someone is deported, and they attempt to reenter, jail them for 10 years.
  7. For illegal entry: 2 years in prison, and a $300-$5000 fine.
  8. Fine airlines who bring illegals into the country.
  9. Don't allow foriegners the 1st ammendment right of free speech. They may not talk about or express any opinion of politics in public. They can't demonstrate, either.
  10. Allow police officers to beat, rape and otherwise mistreat any non-U.S. Citizen. If they can't prove they're American, it's fair game for the police.

So, what are your thoughts? Bring it on!

Bonus!! Have you read the thought of the day? Do you know the answer?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Mr. Glock,

Quite a thought provoking post. I stopped reading after #5 because I have too many comments to make already.

1. How about "enforce the current immigration laws"? Okay, that being said...

2. Define "progress of the country". Definition needs to be apolitical and objective. Does it mean a) able to work; b) proof of sustainable success in a job or career at the home country; c) none of the above? I don't need a lib justifying "the immigrant adds to the diversity of the nation" as contributing to the progress of the country.

3. "Financially support themselves" and "progress of the country" are the same thing, imho.

4. Kick out if they are unhealthy? Define "unhealthy", and give the rationale for kicking them out. What if your immigrant ancestors were sick getting off the boat? ("For mental illness, I agree with you. Same as for criminal records - don't let them in.)

5. National Population Register - you mean kind of like the 'book of life'? Why don't we just enforce the current immigration law?

Okay, I really only read your first four points. I think you need to give more background as to why "new is better". It sounds like government ignorance of the current law is the biggest problem. So, how would creating new laws fix that?

7:30 PM

 
Blogger LuvGlock said...

Mr. Quipper,

It is vital that you read the rest. I will have all the answers you require tomorrow. I want everyone to be able to peruse these suggestions before I continue.

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Rick said...

Glock,

I read the rest. I'm stickin' to my story, although I do like #9.

A lot of what you suggest is predicated on the definition of terms. So, how do you get agreement on the definitions?

Quipper

12:03 PM

 
Blogger chaplain7904 said...

Don't keep us in suspense. What's 'the rest of the story?'

3:07 PM

 
Blogger KrazyinBrooklyn said...

I'm looking in the sky, and I don't see any shoes, but I know there is one on the way.

5:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home